Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Happy BIRTHDAY, Carole

Hello Birthday Carole, 

I dreamed of you the other night and awoke in tears. 

What reminded me of you was Miguel, my grandson whom you never met because you died three years before he was born. He's nineteen, was home on winter break. 

There is something familiar, a kinship about him that triggered thoughts of you. He has your trait of laughter with a spontaneity and glee. We laughed and giggled all the time he was here. His exuberance evident, funny and crisp.

He carries a touch of you and my dream-state recognized it. In that sleep, I was sitting on the ground in front of a desolate home garage with faint circle-blur spots staining its white trim. And perched on the roof, a female weathervane pointed toward the heavens. 

I woke up tearful with longing and remembrance.



No comments: